HomeAbout MeCookie PicsCupcakesPricesContact

Monday, January 21, 2013

Ruffled Rainbow Tutorial

Theres something so fun about anything rainbow, and something REALLY fun about rainbow cookies. I have been itching to do more rainbow cookies since Taylors party, so I was really excited to do some last week.



Ruffled Rainbows


Rainbow Cake


So fun, right?!

So I thought I would share a little something fun for the cookie decorators out there.

Ruffled Rainbow Tutorial


For your icing: Make whatever colors you are wanting to use. Keep your icing a thick piping consistency. If you don't, your "ruffle" won't look like I ruffle. It will run together.

 #1.Outline the cloud on your cookie. I matched the invitation to the party I was doing so I outlined in teal. I have also outlined in white and they both look really cute.

#2.If you outline your cloud in a different color, wait to flood and sprinkle your sanding sugar until it is dry. If you outlined in white, immediately flood it and sprinkle it with sanding sugar.

 #3.working in whatever order you want your colors, make your ruffles, and you are done!









2 comments:

  1. Pretty much loved her cookies!! You are awesome!! So talented!! Make sure you mark your calendar every year for Amelia's party!!! So fun to meet you too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a good dough recipe and any advice on how to get the icing shiny? I have tried to make cookies for my children and they never come out right. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete



The Doughmestic Housewife


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved