HomeAbout MeCookie PicsCupcakesPricesContact

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rainbow Party Fun

I'm back! We spent last week celebrating Taylor's birthday, and we have spent the past few days trying to recover :). I took a break from cookie orders to get ready for all of the birthday celebrations but cookies pick back up this week.

I have some party pictures to share with you, but I thought I would share Taylor's party cookies first since it has been so long since I have posted any cookies.

Her party was rainbow themed with some ruffles and chevron, so I had so much fun doing cookies with all of these fun colors!


Rainbow Chevron Frames


Ruffled Cake on a cake stand (with 2 candles of course:)).


Ruffled Rainbows


Ruffled Rainbow Cake

I can't take any credit for the cake :). I debated on making it and then decided it was worth my time to have one of my favorite local bakeries make it. I absolutely loved it and was SO happy I passed that duty on to someone else!


I also made a ruffled table cloth to match. I knew I wanted something fun and girly and I thought this was the perfect combination of the two!

I posted a pic of the table cloth on Instagram and I have had a lot of people ask me how I made it. I will do a tutorial in the next few weeks for those of you that have asked. It was super easy and super cheap!

I also made Jolly Rancher suckers from Pinterest and stuck them in vintage blue Ball jars for a fun effect on the table. Parker helped me make these one day while Taylor napped. This is a perfect and fun activity for a toddler.


I love Mason Jars and knew I could squeeze them in somewhere :). 

I also made white cupcakes with white icing and a rainbow topper for all of the guests.



I made the toppers with extra icing from making cookies. I'll show you how to do that too. Its the perfect way to use up any extra icing without wasting it. A topper made out of dried royal icing is good for a year if stored air tight. Fun, right?!

I also made a chevron birthday banner..........


and labeled the water bottles with chevron labels...


I will share more party pics and party people after I get them downloaded and edited. But for now I will leave you with a pic of the birthday girl because I can't resist!!


3 comments:



The Doughmestic Housewife


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved