HomeAbout MeCookie PicsCupcakesPricesContact

Monday, August 20, 2012

Reese's Cupcake Recipe

I have taken off about 10 days from making cookies to get ready for Taylor's birthday this coming weekend and I have found myself baking away anyway! No sugar cookies, but a lot of other yummy treats.

Yesterday afternoon Parker and I made these Reese's Cupcakes for Jason because he LOVES anything peanut butter.


And yes, they are as good as they look and they are SO easy to make!!! I had a handful of people ask me for the recipe after I posted an Instagram pic so here it is....

Make your favorite chocolate cake. I love Better Homes and Gardens and this cake recipe is one of the best I have found. Or make your favorite boxed cake mix.

Quick sidenote: I really want these recipes I post to appeal to the working mom or busy moms who have kids at home and don't have all of the time in the world to be in the kitchen. So I know its not the most appropriate as a baker to recommend a boxed cake, but its true, I make a cake from a box sometimes! As long as it tastes good, right?!

Anyway, after you've made your chocolate cake, let your cupcakes cool completely. While they are cooling begin to make your Peanut Butter icing. Get ready for the best thing you've ever tasted. It tastes exactly like the middle of a Reese's.

Peanut Butter Icing

1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3-6 Tbs milk depending on how thick/thin you want your icing

Soften (do not melt) your butter. Mix butter and peanut butter with mixer until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar alternating with the milk until you have your desired consistency. There is no right or wrong consistency, you just don't want the icing to be too runny.

The icing is really what makes the cupcake. After you ice your cupcakes top it with a Reese's of course! I used a regular size Reese's cup and cut it in half and it fit perfectly. You could also use mini Reese's, Reese's pieces, or crumbled Reese's candy.



1 comment:

  1. Bless you for this recipe! I'm making it tomorrow for our small group and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete



The Doughmestic Housewife


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved