HomeAbout MeCookie PicsCupcakesPricesContact

Sunday, April 22, 2012

More Cookies and Monterey Chicken

I am so grateful and humbled at all of the sweet texts, calls, emails and messages I have gotten from my post about Peyton. It is so amazing to me how Peyton has influenced so many lives in his short life. I am blessed to be his Mom! So, THANK YOU to everyone who responded :).

Back to some cookies :). I started off last week with a cute order for Alex's first birthday. His Mom sent me some pics of the party decorations and told me what she was thinking and we ended up with this cuteness:

She used a bunting, and cupcake toppers exactly like these so I thought it would be cute to match the cookie to the topper. These went to Brooklyn, NY and I wanted very badly to stick myself in the box and go with them! :)

I also did some more cute owls....


A baby shower.........


which included more Chevron....


and these flowers to match the invite.....


I ended the week with an "alien and eyeball" party. This stuff was so fun. I did these for a sweet friend who I have known for forever! My camera was MIA so these are iphone pics. Sorry :(.
(My hubby later found my camera in Parkers room. He was polishing up on his photography skills I guess.)





I did 3 dozen cupcakes with this order too, I am loving the nut cups that everyone is using!!!

Lastly, I love Pinterest and find a lot of my dinner recipes off of there. I saw a recipe for Monterey Chicken last week and needed something quick and easy so I tried it. Everyone loved it so I will definitely be making it again!


Monterey Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup bar-b-que sauce
1/4 cup real bacon bits
1 c. colby jack cheese, shredded
1 14 oz. can Rotel tomatoes, drained
(canned with green chiles added)
sliced green onions
pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pound out chicken breasts to flatten (I used presliced thin). Season with pepper. Grill chicken until no longer pink and place on a baking sheet covered with foil. Top each chicken breast with one Tbs bar-b-que sauce, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 c tomatoes, green onions and one Tbs of bacon bits. Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).

*I used presliced chicken breasts, and I used more cheese than the recipe calls for. I omitted green onions because I have some picky eaters :).

No comments:

Post a Comment



The Doughmestic Housewife


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved