HomeAbout MeCookie PicsCupcakesPricesContact

Monday, June 11, 2012

Birds, Buntings and Belmont Stakes

My two local orders from last week couldn't have been any different from each other. The first order was for a baby shower with a "bird and bunting" theme. The invite to this shower was one of the cutest I have ever seen. I was asked to do simple pink birds and a bunting cookie to match the colors on the invite.


These colors were so fun. I used a simple white pearl for the birds eye which I thought added a little "sweetness" to the bird and fit perfectly for a baby shower.


On the round bunting cookie I added a small blue bird atop the bunting to tie in the bird theme.


I love the bunting trend right now.

Next up a derby themed set of cookies for sweet Tara. She threw a super fun wedding shower for one of her sisters and it happened to be on the same Day as the Belmont Stakes so she went with the derby theme. The colors she used for the shower were turquoise, red, hot pink and yellow.


I think my favorite cookie is the horseshoe. Probably because it was close to life size and I got to use my gold Wilton spray :).







I will be back with more fun cookies, but for now check back for a fun giveaway!!!! I promise you won't want to miss it!

And just because I haven't posted a pic of my sweeties in a while I had to share these:


Taylor loves the camera. She stays still, poses and gives me the cheesiest smiles.


Parker wasn't having any of it. He was bouncing all over the trampoline to make sure I didn't get a good picture.

We are loving the nice summer days. We spend them swimming, playing, jumping on the trampoline and wearing ourselves out! The kids are exhausted by night time and I usually find them crashed somewhere before bed time.

I love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment



The Doughmestic Housewife


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved