When I got the picture of the party supplies for this party I was super excited because the colors are too perfect. Very boy, very simple, and very cute!
I was so excited to use my cloud cutter because I just think its too cute! This was also my first time to do an airplane and I'm ready to do another party with this theme because I loved it. This just screams little boy!
This was my my last cookie delivery this morning so I decided to make a Cherry Chip Cake for Jason and the kids tonight. Every year I always request this cake for my birthday because its so good. Yes, my Mom still makes all of us our own homemade birthday cake every year :).
I am so happy to share this recipe with ya'll because I think its another one you will love!
Cherry Chip Cake
1 boxed Betty Crocker Cherry Chip Cake
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tub Cool Whip
1 jumbo Hershey bar
1. Bake your cake according to directions and let it cool completely.
2. Take the end of a wooden spoon, and make holes all over the cake. This is where it gets good :)
3. Saturate the entire cake with the sweetened condensed milk, making sure you get it in all of the holes.
4. Cover the cake generously with Cool Whip. I usually use about 3/4 of a tub but I don't think theres such thing as too much.
5. Shave your chocolate bar with a cheese grater and cover the cake.
6. Sit down with a giant fork and eat it. Theres really no need to cut a peice because you will just keep going back to the pan for a bite. :)
I will post some pics of my taste testers tomorrow because I know they will want to test it out. They were snoozing when I made it.
I have some FUN parties coming up this week, including the one and only Tom & Jerry! I am so excited to do these!
I'm also thinking of doing a set of cookies here and there and putting them up for sale, first come first serve. Would this be something ya'll would be interested in??? I had a sweet twitter friend suggest some Hunger Games cookies, so I'm thinking if I do this that may be my first set. Let me know what ya'll think!
If you go to my prices page you will notice the price of my cookies has gone from $1.50 to $2.00 per cookie. After being advised by numerous people who are in business for themselves that I needed to do this I knew it was time. When I started making cookies in October, I had no idea I would have so much time in each cookie. I quickly knew I was not charging enough to make it worth my time so I had the choice to either simplify my cookies, or charge more. I really didn't even consider simplifying my cookies because I really feel like I have just gotten started in the creativity department. I want my cookies to stand out, and I want each customer to be 110% happy. I hope ya'll understand.