HomeAbout MeCookie PicsCupcakesPricesContact

Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Little Chef

I took it easy this week and only booked 3 orders because last week nearly killed me :). So we have had a laid back, fun week. I haven't been feeling good, so my SIL Kari Beth kept Taylor today while Parker was at KDO and I came home and did absolutely nothing. It was GREAT. Thank you Kari Beth!

Jason has been asking me for a few days to make him some peanut butter cookies, so tonight after dinner me and Parker got to work.

I have always used the Betty Crocker recipe, and I use 1/4 cup of honey instead of brown sugar. In my opinion there is no better peanut butter cookie. The honey makes a big difference in taste and it is SO good, not to mention its my dad's homegrown honey which makes it even yummier!

After we mixed all of the ingredients we added some extra Reese's pieces because Jason loves anything Reese's.


We definitely had to sample the dough and make sure it was ok.



This picture makes me laugh every time I look at it. This girl loves her some food and will try anything. I gave her some dough and she was so happy.

Next we rolled each cookie in sugar and made a "crisscross" pattern with a fork on the top.


amd then waited patiently...........



until they were done!!!!!

If you don't have a favorite peanut butter cookie recipe try this one.

Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup packed brown sugar, or 1/4 cup honey (I use honey)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour

1. Beat Butter and Peanut Butter on med. to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar, brown sugar (honey), baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour.

2. Shape dough into 2 inch balls. Roll in additional sugar to coat. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten by making crisscross marks with a fork. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 7 to 9 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment



The Doughmestic Housewife


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved